GUYS!!!!! I missed you SO much. Remember when I used to blog all the time? We used to craft....we used to create new weird recipes.....we used to.....have a social life. But then the summer, or spring as it were, rolled on in and the Tipsy Truck kept rolling on out. I mean....we went EVERYWHERE this summer! We worked this shoreline so much and I didn't even get a tan this year. My ageless face thanks you.
But now were back, baby!!! Now that I can see a light at the end of the pumpkin we can get back to what we do best........insanity. Not the workout, although that definitely needs to start happening again. Player 2 and I are starting to resemble a food truck. I'm just going to remind you, like I remind myself, that we are nano-seconds from pants season again. Time to hang up my Mrs. Roper moo-moos and embrace the friendly squeeze of a waistband again. The good news is my generation (Generation Giant Pants) seems to be in charge of fashion right now so I just picked up the SWEETEST new pair of flares......from Express......so yes....it actually felt like 1998.
Now technically, we are still crazy busy, so this week's blog won't be crafty, or foodie, but it will still be boozy......and that's the most important thing right? Yes. It is. You new here?
We deserve a cocktail. And if you follow this "recipe" you'll be able to enjoy a taste of summer until those delicious HoneyBells are ready for the devouring in January. If you don't know then you Google, Buddy. Then thank me. And I'll thank my in-laws. Because they send us a couple of boxes that we shamefully destroy every year. But later for oranges. TODAY......today we jump into the water......melons.
THE SUMMER HOARDER
- 1.5 ounces GOOD tequila- Ye who read this heed thee warning. "While you may not taste bad tequila you most assuredly will FEEL bad tequila." You will feel it in your soul. Then you might see it in your bowl. OH YES. I'm back.
- 4 GIANT seedless watermelons- Okay. So obviously you don't need this many...BUT...if you go out now....like today....and grab watermelon it is perfectly overripe and super sugary sweet. This is really the last few weeks of summer fruit and it is glorious. If we hoard it, blend it, and freeze it......then you my friend will be mixer stocked for the winter. We are like that fable with the ant and the grasshopper except more alcohol related. Good for us.
- ice- I had a boss who taught me how to shake a cocktail until ice formed on the shaker itself. The trick? Essentially becoming a human paint shaker. That being said, the man was right. I cold frothy cocktail looks amazing, and tastes better. If you can't shake at least "slug it" back and forth between a couple of glasses. It'll mix nice-nice.
- fresh lime- Good ol' citrus! You never leave us. AND I'm not allergic to you. I don't like you in my eye, but hey....nobody's perfect. What? You thought I got less weird over the summer? It's like you don't even know me.
- "soda de club"- You may call this club soda. I happen to be super classy so I don't. Actually....I also say the name of "Fight Club" (Clube De Fight) the same way.....it may just be a thing I do with the word "club". Hmph. Wonder when that started?
- a fun straw (and/or umbrella)- Life is short. Suck it up.......a fun straw!
Okay! I'm going to assume that you are a major go-getter and knew that a glass was required for this plan. Before we can build our drink we need watermelon juice. Achieve that with this helpful pictorial:
Then build the drink to your liking. I like heavy on the juice light on the bubbles, but if you like things a bit drier than by all means! It's your life. Plus your juice stash will last way longer. I like the way you think....
So now you have a refreshing reminder of summer available to you year round! It feels good to stock up. Which is what you should do for your Tipsy fix this winter! Our pints and quarts become available this November! Pre-order and pick up from the truck this fall and we'll stock that freezer for you. And BOOM she ends it with a shameless plug.
Guys. Seriously.....thanks for the GREATEST summer of my entire life. Looking forward to crazier flavors, events, and people. Love you, Coneheads!